A Message from Executive Vice-Chair Stephen DeVay
It may not seem like it, but the November election is just around the corner. As I write this, the MCDC team and all of our candidates have begun reaching out to voters to discuss the important issues on the ballot and to remind voters of the importance of going to the polls.
Can you help?
We are looking for volunteers to knock on doors, phone bank, and more. We provide the scripts, literature, and all the tools you need; you bring your passion and energy. You can volunteer once, or once a week, and can choose to support a specific candidate or to help where we need you most. Some activities, such as phone banking, can even be done from home.
I can guarantee you’ll find this work both worthwhile and rewarding. If you are able to help, please contact the MCDC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 232-2410, or sign up on our website.
On a related note, we’re also recruiting high school and college students for fall internships. Please encourage any students you know to sign up online.
Announcing Our Candidates for Supreme Court an the Special Elections
And earlier this summer, our city and town committees concluded the special nominating meetings for the three special elections that will be held in conjunction with the November election. Congratulations to:
- Mike DiTullio, who was nominated as candidate for Monroe County Legislature District 8, a seat that was vacated when legislator Matt Terp stepped down for a second time in April 2022
- Hon. Van White, who was nominated as candidate for Rochester City Court Judge, an opening that was created when Judge Stephen Miller was appointed to the New York State Court of Claims in May 2022
- Lacey Jackson, who was nominated as candidate for Perinton Town Clerk, a vacancy that was caused by the retirement of Jennifer West in April 2022
Campaign season is well underway, and our team working hard to help maintain a Democratic majority in Congress, to support Governor Kathy Hochul and Lieutenant Governor Antonio Delgado’s efforts to win in November, and to re-elect our entire delegation of State Senators and Assemblymembers.
Can you help us with this important work? Please consider making a monthly donation to support our efforts. Your recurring donation of $5, $10, or even $25 will help us support our endorsed candidates and keep Monroe County blue!
Click here to donate today. Donations in any amount are truly appreciated. Thank you!
News & Media
- U.S. Congressman Joe Morelle helped craft and led the floor debate on the bipartisan CHIPS and Science Act, to invest in regional innovation and high-tech advancements. More>>
- NYS Senator Samra Brouk authored recently passed legislation to improve maternal mental health screenings. More>>
- NYS Assemblymember Harry Bronson passed the Buy American Salt legislation to protect local and American jobs. More>>
- NYS Assemblymember Jen Lunsford secured $1 million to fully fund a proposed community skatepark in the town of Perinton. More>>
- Monroe County Executive Adam Bello shared his State of the County address. More>>
- City of Rochester Mayor Malik Evans shared a progress report on his first seven months in office. More>>